Friday, February 26, 2010

I have dry scalp and dry hair. How often should I wash my hair?

I am trying to get in the habit of brushing my hair more often to stimulate my scalp to encourage the natural oils of my scalp to moisturize my hair. Currently I wash my hair once a week. Is that too much? I read that washing your hair too much washes away the natural oils.I have dry scalp and dry hair. How often should I wash my hair?
You are absolutely correct to wash your hair once a week! If you wash your hair more than once a week it will dry your hair out even more. When you wash your hair use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner because some shampoos can strip your hair of its natural moisture. Since you have dry scalp, use a hot oil treatment each time you wash your hair.I have dry scalp and dry hair. How often should I wash my hair?
once a week isn't too much... i'm trying to go that long, lol. maybe you should try a moisturizing shampoo... i don't like drug store brands too much, but i think head and shoulders is good for the scalp, maybe you can try it for a little while until it gets better. ALWAYS condition... even more than shampoo (so at least 2x a week).. and try weekly deep conditioning (usually after you shampoo). if you're already not shampooing that often, then maybe you need to try something like Alberto VO5 oil treatment, or something of the likes.
Every other day. You can also try tea tree oil shampoo it works great!
if you have dry scalp then you should wash your hair less and apply more hair cream to your scalp till it recovers and produces it's own oils itself. i wash mine every 2 weeks
you should put mayo in your hair for 30 mins.
Every second day nd make shure u wash out ur shampoo

No comments:

Post a Comment